Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New chapters!

Okay so!

I'm officially a college graduate, and I'm officially moved back in my mom's house for a couple weeks until my summer job starts. Good news about this- my mom tends to cook really healthy, with lots of veggies at each meal! We also live right by a bike path, so I went for a nice walk this morning. I'll probably do some yoga and such later too. I'm going to try and do this every day too. Yaay!

I'll be moving in for my summer internship in a few weeks, which is going to be a whole other kinds of challenging. Meals are provided five days out of the week. Lunch is usually food bank food, which is full of calories to make up for the kids who maybe don't get to eat breakfast or dinner. Low income and such. Dinner is usually provided by little other church ladies, meaning it's fried, pizza, with lots of dessert. And generally bad for you. So I'm going to make myself a list of rules to help me get along this summer and not gain the weight I've lost and more.

1. Always double up on fruits and vegetables. Even if they're green beans, eat them. You'll feel better.
2. Avoid desserts at all costs. Unless it's homemade banana pudding or something, those cookies aren't going to taste as good as you hope they will.
3. Get to the gym as much as possible. Things get crazy and sometimes you don't have the time, but go as much as possible. You'll feel better about life.
4. Do yoga as much as possible before bed.
5. Avoid those morning trips to Chick-fil-a and Starbucks. Especially Starbucks. You don't even like coffee, and caffeine makes you crazy.

If I think of any others... I'll add them. Still working hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment