Monday, January 10, 2011

Enchiladas- nom nom nom.

I haven't updated in a couple days, because I've been really busy. At the last minute I got dumped with a huge assignment that had to be completed by yesterday, and it took me hours and hours and hours. I was not thrilled. I also didn't make it to the gym Saturday or Sunday, because I was too busy doing giant assignment and unpacking and stuff. There legitimately wasn't any time- I was not pleased.

BUT classes are beginning today which means I can get myself in a routine and work out more. I'm for sure going to the gym tomorrow morning, and I have my yoga class tomorrow as well. So this is going to be great. GYM GYM GYM. Cannot wait.

Also, I made a couple things off the Skinny Tastes website last night. I made the Chicken and White Bean Enchilada with a side of the cilantro lime rice. Both recipes were DELICIOUS, and my boyfriend came over and had some too, and he really liked it. I had to fudge the enchiladas a little, because I couldn't find the tortillas she suggested (the low cal low carb ones) so I just used regular flour tortillas. I also put too many cans of green chilis in the chicken filling, and didn't have any left for the sauce, so I ended up using a can of rotel in the cause instead. It turned out really spicy, which is fine with me since I love spicy food. Also, the whole meal was really filling, which was great. I only had one enchilada with a little rice on the side, and I wasn't hungry the rest of the night. Normally when I eat out and get enchiladas, I had to eat way more than that, plus the free chips and salsa you usually get. It was really great.

Best part is I have some left over to eat off of for the next few days. The recipe makes eight, and I have five left so I should be set. I might have to make more rice, but that shouldn't be a big deal, provided I can cook the rice properly.

In any case, I need to go get ready for class. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment