Friday, January 21, 2011

My Fitness Pal is a pal indeed!

Well, I woke up this morning and was still pretty sore from my fall yesterday, so I decided skipping the gym was probably in my best interest. If I'm still sore tomorrow, I may go any just do the bikes instead of the elliptical. At least it'll be something.

Also, my friend recently recommended myfitnesspal.com to me. He's lost about 40 pounds since August, and probably lost 20-30 the summer before that. I decided to sign up for it and give it a shot, and so far I really like it. I can help you track the calories you eat, as well as your fitness calories, and gives you a certain amount of calories in order to meet you projected goal. Mine was lose a pound a week, but I think that goal is kind of out of the question for this week at least, thanks to my sore behind.

I was surprised at how few calories I'm already consuming. I assumed I was consuming right at 2000, but it's looking like I'm having somewhere between 1300 and 1500 each day. In some ways, it's kind of frustrating because I know super skinny people who eat a ton of food and remain super skinny. I think a big part of the issue is I'm not super active. I spend a good potion of the day on my feet, I always take the stairs, etc, but I haven't been actively working out up until recently.

In either case, I really like this tool. I need to lay off the peanut butter, but... what can you do? At least it's healthy fat. I also really need to buy a scale. I should do that soon...

Also, thank to the people who have left me little notes of encouragement, I really appreciate it. It really does inspire me ♥

Over and out!

5 comments:

  1. What kind of peanut butter do you eat? I like the kind with just peanuts as the only ingredient. That way I don't feel bad about it~
    That website sounds rad, but I'm trying not to fall into the counting calorie trap. =<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a point to buy the all natural peanut butter, meaning the only ingredients are peanuts, and then a little salt and oil( I think).

    I'm trying not to fall into calorie counting either, which is why I care a less because, like I said, the peanut butter is mostly healthy fat. But especially since I've missed my last two days at the gym, I'm trying to make up for that as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the peanut butter I have right now. My mom also bought me store brand stuff.

    http://www.smuckers.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?groupId=2&categoryId=11&flavorId=66

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum. I buy Adams brand, but that looks tasty, too. I like peanut butter/cinnamon/raisin sandwiches. =o
    I don't think counting calories is always bad. If I start doing it then I'm like, "OMG I just ate 300 calories in one meal -cue panic attack-". I baked my own crackers last week so I wouldn't know how many calories were in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I home cook a ton of my food, so it makes it hard. Usually I just try to estimate it by what's in it, but it's usually a stab in the dark. xD

    Peanut butter/raisin/cinnamon sounds super good. I have this really awesome trail mix I bought that has raisins and cranberries with almonds and dark chocolate on them, and it's so goooood. I love dried fruit, in general.

    ReplyDelete