Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ah yes, there's the rub.

Well, things have been a little touch and go. I caved and got some ice cream last night, but the rest of the day was pretty decent. I'm also at the point where I'm starting to get discouraged, but I know that I can't expect instant results. I guess I'm just really afraid of doing all this work and not seeing any results.

But I went to the gym yesterday and Monday. I've been really tired the last few days since I started working out, but I think if I keep going I'll eventually get there. I'm also considering getting some B vitamin supplements, since those apparently help a lot of with energy. Next time I go to the store, I think that's what I'm going to do.

But I'm still feeling good. There's a bag of Christmas candy my roommate brought that's been haunting me, but it's all good. I do love love love my air popper though. Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks in the whole wide world, but when you do microwave or movie popcorn, it's not real good for you. I grew up eating air popped, and in my opinion it tastes a million times better, plus there are a thousand different ways to season it.

I usually just use a little butter, salt, and pepper (and I season that popcorn like you wouldn't believe- amazing.) You can also use cooking spray to lighten the calories and help your seasoning stick. Occasionally I'll use something like Italian Seasoning or dried herbs with said cooking spray. My new Cook This, Not That cook book suggested some different ways to season bagged popcorn, which I adapted, with some success. They suggested fresh rosemary and Parmesan cheese, which only sort of worked because the cheese didn't stick real well. I'm kind of thinking maybe next time I need to pop it in the microwave real quick just so it'll stick. However, a small amount of butter and a little sugar and cinnamon was delicious, and worked like a charm. Just used unsalted butter. My roommates only buy salted, so it was all I had. Still really good though!

I'm making leftover pasta today, mainly to use up the rest of the olives and artichoke heart from the piazza I made a few days ago. Thinking I'll load it up with some mushrooms, broccoli, and pancetta, and eat a salad with it. I've been getting back in the habit of eating a salad with each dinner again, which is great because that means a much larger portion of my meal is vegetables and I'm not filling up on carbs or something. And of course I'm using my homemade dressing. So tasty.

Here's to hoping I stay motivated and see some results!

No comments:

Post a Comment