Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

So the last time I successfully lost weight, after about two or three weeks of cutting out unhealthy foods from my diet, I no longer craved them. In fact, they became entirely unappealing to me. Even being around them would make me feel sick, because my body understood it wasn't good for me and I had been giving it better stuff. That's starting to happen again, and I'm pretty pleased.

I had a New Years party to go to yesterday, and I made my famous oreo bombs for the party. These are basically a pack of crushed up oreos mixed with a block of cream cheese, rolled in little balls, and dipped in chocolate. Not healthy, but absolutely delicious. But even as I was making them today, I just found them entirely unappealing and rolling them in the chocolate almost made me nauseous. I had a few later that evening, but that huge quantity of sugar and fat just made me sick.

I also spent most of the evening drinking, mostly mixing with Dr. Pepper. I was reminded once again why I don't drink soda. By the end of the night, my stomach hurt, and it wasn't because of the booze. Even this morning, I woke up and my stomach still really hurt because my body just isn't used to that much sugar.

I sort of binge ate last night, but I don't feel terrible about it because, even before I started dieting, I seldom did it. New Years is also such a huge holiday for me, I don't feel bad. It's the one night I truly party. Also, my friend's mom told me I was looking great and looked like I had lost weight. There's this weird phenomenon in my life where just when I feel really fat and gross (this morning, after binge eating) someone tells me I look great and look like I've lost weight. I fail to understand this, because most of the time I think I've gained weight, or there is no evidence to suggest I've lost any. I haven't seen said friend's mom since this summer, but I don't think I've lost or gained a significant amount of weight since then (which makes me wonder if people remember me as being fatter than I am). In any case, it felt good to get that compliment, and I'm hoping to be getting many more in the next few months!

Also, I'm going to be getting senior pictures done in March, and I'd really like to lose about 10 pounds by then, which I think it totally doable. I just have to keep that goal in mind. I'd like to be at goal by May too, when I graduate. I just would like to feel a little better about my body when I get those pictures done.

I would really like to go for a walk today, like I have the past two days, but the temperature dropped about thirty degrees over night, so I'm thinking it's a little too cold for me. It's probably just as well, since my feet have been really sore. My mom and I walked about four miles yesterday and the day before, and my feet aren't used to that much impact.

But, my mom is letting me make my baked chicken strips for dinner tonight, and there's some homemade gnocchi and meatballs in the fridge with homemade sauce for lunch.

Here's to 2011 being the skinniest and healthiest year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment