Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oatmeal and then some.

So in my quest to be healthier, I tried eating oatmeal today. I've never been a huge oatmeal fan, but I was intrigued by the idea of sweetening it with this awesome agave nectar, fruit, and cinnamon and using the generic, plain oats rather than packaged stuff. Healthier, less preservatives.

Problem is, I've never made plain oatmeal before, I've only even used the single serving packages. So I decided to follow the package instructions, and the recommended the "heart healthy" dose was to combine 3/4 c of oats with 1 1/2 c water. Do you know what I got? BIG ASS BOWL OF OATMEAL. I have a pretty good sized appetite, but this was ridiculous. It was HUGE. I also felt like I ended up having to add some much agave nectar is kind of negated the nutritional value, but I really liked the cinnamon and banana. I think I'm going to try a significantly smaller portion tomorrow and see what comes of it. But seriously, My Fitness Pal told me that my breakfast was about 700 calories, 600 from the oatmeal. No. No thanks.

But I'll do some more trouble shooting. If I hate it, maybe I'll switch the the packages stuff or keep eating my beloved cereal. We'll see.

However, I went to the gym! And did yoga! I was very pleased, because even with my 700 cal breakfast and a granola bar just because I felt like eating one, I was still under my calorie goal. Yaaay! The told me if every day was like today, I'd weight 132 in five weeks. Yay!

I'm going to attempt to hit the gym tomorrow, but I've got some stuff I need to do for work, and I'm probably going to be up later, but we'll see. I will say those B vitamins have done wonders for my energy level. Before I started taking them, I'd be worn out by the end of the day when I worked out in the morning, but I'm feeling pretty dandy today. Even if I miss tomorrow, I can go Saturday and/or Sunday.

Anyway, I'm out. Gonna go see a movie. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment