Thursday, January 20, 2011

How I ended up not going to the gym and in bed eating club crackers.

So this morning started off well. I woke up early with every intention of going to the gym and working out. We had gotten some snow and ice the night before, so I left around 8:30 to go scrape the ice off my car. About half way through, I realized I should go check the drive way, since I parked in the back parking lot and the drive way at my boyfriend's apartment is really steep.

This s a mistake.

I walk all the way down the drive way, and things are looking good. Then, just as I'm reaching the part where it gets really steep, I hit a slick spot and fall on my butt. HARD. I shout a couple of choice words at the top of my lungs and roll around on the icy pavement in pain for a few minutes.

Finally, I manage to get myself to my hands and knees and then up to me feet. I take a few steps, and start feeling really light headed, like I'm on the verge of passing out. Since the only things by me are a wooden fence and the side of the building, I have no other choice but to collapse back down onto the ground, and lay there until I'm no longer light headed. I try crawling, but that makes me light headed too.

It might also be worth mentioning at the point that I'm still in my Care Bear pajama bottoms. I'm sure I was quite the pitiful site, staggering a few steps before collapsing back to the ground. Finally I get back into my car, where my phone was and call my boyfriend who is still asleep inside. I manage to stammer out that I fell and wasn't feeling real good and I needed him to come bring me water or come get me in my car or something. I lay down across the passenger seat while I waited for him, slightly disoriented.

Finally, he knocks on the door with some water and helps me inside to his bed. I get back in bed, and wait for my fingers to thaw out before I grab the nearest item of food I can- a box of club crackers, and proceed to eat about half a pack of them while watching the Price is Right.

I'm not real light headed anymore, but my butt still really hurts. I may or may not be going to yoga, and the gym is obviously out of the question.

Hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to hit the gym tomorrow or this weekend. In any case- beware of slippery ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment