Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sparkling water = awesome.

This morning my mom introduced me to this amazing concept. I love fruit juice, but even if it's 100% juice, it's essentially still just a bunch of sugar. Because of this, I don't drink juice much (regardless of how sad this may make me.) But this morning as I was getting a glass of cranberry juice, my mom suggested mix half of it with sparkling water. WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA. With really rich juices like cranberry, it doesn't water it down at all, and it cuts calories in half. Plus it's bubbly and awesome now. How great! I'm going to have to remember this for the future, especially when I'm drinking alcohol. But putting water in, I'll be able to greatly reduce my calories with little impact on the taste. My mother is brilliant sometimes!

Other than that... not much is new. I ate out last night, but made a point to eat half of my meal. My mom really wanted to take me to this new Italian place, and told me how good the Stromboli was. I opted for a veggie roll though, so no greasy sausage or pepperoni. Still a lot of cheese, but it was also stuffed with spinach, black olives, and artichoke so at least I got my veggies. Also got a really good house salad.

My mom and I might go for a walk later, since the weather has gotten warmed. We're waiting to pick up my car though, so hopefully that'll happen soon. I'm also going to be a little bad tonight and make "drunk shakes" with a friend. It's basically what it sounds likes- alcoholic milk shakes. I'm going to make a point to buy the healthiest ice cream I can (My Cook This, Not That book always suggest Bryer's). It's not going to be great, obviously, but... it'll be fine. In my experience, try to cut everything bad out of your diet all the time usually ends in binge eating, and it's really... bad. However, I am making sure to watch what I eat to save some calories for tonight.

Tomorrow is also new years! I hope everyone has a great and safe new years!

No comments:

Post a Comment