Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bare Minerals foundation.

So this isn't entirely weight loss related, but I feel like liking the way you look is an importance component of weight loss. It really makes you want to work harder to look and feel your best, and it can help a lot with self confidence.

Which is why I' in love with Bare Minerals foundation. This foundation is AMAZING and make my skin look great even after I take it off. I've had a real problem with acne since puberty, and even had to visit a dermatologist for a while in middle school eventually I learned the correct over the counter face washes and creams that helped me keep it under control, but my acne would still break out pretty badly on a fairly consistent basis. More improvement was made when I went on birth control, but acne was still a problem. I also could never wear foundation because even wearing it for a short period of time would make me break out almost instantaneously. Even the "acne control" stuff did no good and I could only wear it for special occasions.

My friend recommended Bare Minerals to me this summer, so I decided I'd bite the rather expensive bullet and buy their started kit which include two foundations, mineral veil, the warmth bronzer, and two different brushes plus a concealer brush. It came to about $60, which wasn't bad but still a lot of money to drop at once.

But, oh my gosh, it was completely worth it. First of all, the stuff lasts FOREVER and I still have tons left over from my initial purchase in early August, And these were even smaller containers than the regular ones you buy in the store, which my friend said last her about a year. It's a lot of money up front, but you don't have to buy it that often so it balances out, in my opinion. I also love the fact that it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing make up and is super easy to apply.

And here the best part- it didn't make me break out. In fact, my acne is more under control than it has even been, and my skin looks the best it ever has. When the salesperson told me it would improve my skin, I though she was full of crap, but it actually does. I still get the occasional zit or break out, but it happens so infrequently and I know I can cover it up now and not worry about it getting worse. It's really amazing. Plus it also includes SPF15, and most dermatologists recommend always wearing a light SPF to protect your skin (plus, sun damage is what causes wrinkles.) I just wish I had tried this stuff sooner.

Really, I can't sing this stuffs praises enough. I only wish I had enough money to buy more of their beauty products, since I'm sure I'd love them all just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment