Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So I have a confession to make...

...I haven't really been dieting or exercising yet. In fact, last night I went to Braum's and got a milk shake and french fries. They were delicious.

But then why on earth did I start this blog now, instead of when I actually started dieting? Part of it was to get myself psyched up for this and to get myself motivated. It was also to start looking for healthy alternatives and such. My plan was to start dieting and exercising more once finals are over (which they are tomorrow!) when I would have the time to get myself into a good routine. I will be going home for Christmas break, but my mom cooks reasonably healthy food, so it'll be good.

So what exactly AM I going to be doing diet and exercise-wise one I start this thing full blown? Well...

I'm going to be eating better. I'm going to reduce my intake or high fat or really sugary foods. That doesn't mean I'm going to cut them out entirely, but I'm going to make efforts to choose better choices. I'm also going to eat out a lot less. It saves money, and it's healthier. When I do eat out, I'm going to only eat about half of my plate since restaurant portions are HUGE.I'm going to increase my veggie intake. For reals.

As for a exercise goes, at home I'm going to start doing crunches and push-up as few yoga sequences. I'm going to hopefully go walk/run but I'm thinking it's going to be pretty cold (by my standard, anyway) so that may no happen. However, once I move back to school for next semester, I have time built into my schedule to work out. SO I WILL WORK OUT. I'm also enrolled in yoga again next semester, so that's good. After my show closes in February, I plan on attending Zumba regularly as well.

I HAVE A PLAN. I WILL DO THIS. This is going to be successful!

However, I had a kind of sobering reminder not to let things get too out of hand yesterday. I was flipping channels and an episode of Intervention was on about a woman with anorexia. It was just a reminder that fat is normal and healthy on the body. There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay healthy, but it's something that you have to keep it in reason.

But all that being said, I'm feeling good, ready to go and I'm PSYCHED about the even more awesome person I'm going to become by making myself healthier. This is gonna be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment