Thursday, December 23, 2010

My quest for skinny jeans

I store all my weight in my "ghetto booty," as I call it. Basically, all my extra padding likes to hang out on my hips and thighs. There are both benefits and drawbacks to this. The good things are that I have relatively little belly fat, which is generally considered much more unhealthy than fat in other places. My stomach is actually pretty flat, with the exception of a little pooch, which pretty much all women have. Plus, said ghetto booty can be easily camouflage with flowy skirts and nice tops.

But every now and then it makes me sad. Jeans are a pain in the butt, because they always seem to tight on me. Plus I desperately would like to be able to sport skinny jeans, but I kind of look like an ice cream cone with them on right now. Plus I hate putting on freshly washed jeans and having to walk around for a few hours before I can sit down comfortable.

I think skinny jeans are one of my goals with this weight loss. I just really like the way they look when the suit the person's body type, and it would really give me a more versatile wardrobe. I just want to feel good in them, and in all my jeans.

In other news, the Christmas cookies have been baked and are mocking me. I had three yesterday, I think but I stopped myself there when I wanted to have more. Today hasn't been real stellar either thus far, since my mom made an German apple pancake. But other than that, I'm doing okay. I wish I had more access to a gym right now, but I've at least been successful in eating better and cutting back on my snacking. Slow progress. As soon as I get back to campus, I'll have access to a gym and I've got time blocked off into my schedule to work out.

SKINNY JEANS, HERE I COME.

No comments:

Post a Comment