Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Winter clothing should not be this disheartening.

I really hate the winter, not because it's cold or because the holidays are crazy. I hate the winter because I have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to dress myself.

That probably sounds silly, but it's true. I always feel unattractive and bulky during the winter. At this point, the only thing in my winter wardrobe I really like are a couple dresses I can wear with leggings and boots. Everything else is sweaters or shirts that I feel like make me look fat or bulky, or just aren't "me" anymore because they're from high school or something. I honestly don't even know what's in style anymore, as far as winter clothing does. I'm not sure I ever did either.

I'd really like to go out and buy some new clothes, but I'm trying desperately to save money, and I just kind of revamped my summer wardrobe.

I think a big issue is I no longer have my go-to staple, the t-shirt. Since I'm a college student and I'm in a sorority, I have a lot of tshirts. Pretty much every event ever dictates the creation of a tshirt. I just don't even know. Most of the long sleeve shirts I like aren't nearly warm enough to withstand the awful winds we get in Oklahoma during the winter.

I guess what this means is I need to do my research, do some online shopping, and then maybe buy a few pieces that make me feel good about myself. That would be worth it, right? I just don't even know where to begin... the whole thought is kind of daunting.

But this is also something that I need to remember and hold onto. I keep looking in the mirror and thinking how much I would love to lose even just 10 pounds. This is motivation I need to hold onto. I know I'll feel so much better about myself, and I won't have to worry quite as much about this kind of stuff.

Also, starting your morning out with cookies is a bad idea. I have quite a day ahead of me, trying to undo that D:

MOTIVATION MOTIVATION MOTIVATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment