Monday, December 27, 2010

I ♥ Yoga!

I'm really starting to get antsy here at home. I need some sort of physical outlet, but it's too cold for me to go walking outside (because I'm a wuss) and I won't have a gym at my disposal until I head back to school on January 7th. I've been doing some crunches a push ups and some yoga each night though, so I guess that's better than nothing. It just feels like it's not enough.

Speaking of yoga, I love it. I was turned onto it when my mom recommended it to me when I was complaining about my back always being full of knots. She got me a simply yoga book, but I never committed to a daily routine, and learning poses from a book was really difficult, same wtih a DVD. Then, this past semester I had a few credit hours to play around with so I decided to enroll in a yoga class that met twice a week, mainly to help with my stress levels. I really, really enjoyed it and may back bothered me less and less as the semester went on.

Since I've been home, I've stopped my practice and, sure enough, within a week my back was acting up again. I've started doing some basic stretches and some sunrise salutes at night, and it's actually really helped. I'm looking forward to taking yoga again next semester as well.

In other news, despite my lack of physical activity, my better eating is slowly removing my desire for fast food, ever again. In fact, after eating some left over Chinese I almost immediately felt sick, making want to eat nothing but broccoli and healthy stuff for a while. I don't know that it was necessarily the Chinese food that made me feel like crap, but I felt pretty bad for a while about an hour after eating. I'm also getting used to not eating late a night, which is one of my terrible habits I need to break.

I think I'm making progress, slow though it may be. I'm going to go have lunch (minestrone soup... mmmmm) and then my family is going to see The Tempest. Shakespeare in an easy way to make a theatre major like myself happy.

Hope you're all enjoying you Holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment