Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So I've been thinking about doing this for a while...

I've been putting this off because it means I'll have to be motivated. And who likes that? I seem to always have seven other priorities, and weight loss has never been one of them.

But it is time, my friends. It. Is. Time.

Let's rewind. Hello, my name is Liz and I want to lose weight. And I think blogging about it will help my accountability and stuff. And I like talking about stuff but my roommates and boyfriend probably don't want to hear about it. So you will, interwebs.

A bit of backstory- I've been overweight most of my life. In the fifth grade I was at my all time highest weigh of 152lbs. In the eighth grade I stopped drinking soda and eating better and list about 20 lbs, but I've been hanging out in the 130-140 range for pretty much the rest of my life. Recently, because being a theatre student in college makes me crazy, I've packed on about five extra pounds or so. I want to get rid of them. They make me self conscious since I go to a school of beautiful actors and dancers who all have perfect bodies. I'm 5'4", so it's not like I'm morbidly obese, but I want to be well within my healthy weight limit, not teetering on the edge of "average" and "overweight."

But here's the glimmer of hope. I'll be graduating in May. I am taking 12 hours, and my production assignments are much more scaled back than this past semester. I have one class on Tuesday and Thursday and almost no classes on Friday. This mean, (wait for it), I ACTUALLY WILL HAVE TIME TO WORK OUT. Also, I have a friend who teaches a free Zumba Class twice a week, and I plan on attending that regularly next semester after I'm done stage managing my show in February. And I'll have time to cook and eat healthy. I'll eat lots of beautiful veggies and it'll be awesome.

So basically, this will be me tracking my progress (AND THERE WILL BE PROGRESS.) I'll probably be talking about random stuff and checking in. My goal is to lose weight by my graduation in May. This is totally doable, I just need to curb late night Taco Bell cravings.

Over and out!

1 comment:

  1. Just letting you know, I would have never guessed that was your weight. I've always thought you were very pretty. But getting in shape is always a good idea too, and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete